We Repair Brick & Restore & Rebuild Masonry Chimneys All Throughout Tulsa, OK
If your chimney is in need of repair work and you live in the greater Tulsa area, C&C Chimney is the company for you. Our experts have years of experience repointing damaged mortar joints, tuckpointing, restoring deteriorating brick, and rebuilding and restoring worn-down chimneys and fireplaces.
As chimney experts certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG), you can rest assured that our quality is unsurpassed, our knowledge is extensive, and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
When & Why Are Masonry Repairs Necessary?
As a homeowner, it’s only natural to want your home to look great and to stay in great shape through the years. But damaged masonry can threaten both the looks and longevity of the chimney and home. Some of the signs and symptoms of masonry damage include the following:
- cracks in the mortar and brick
- flaking, crumbling brick
- holes or gaps in the mortar between the brick
- discoloration (like water staining and efflorescence/white staining)
- mold, mildew, and algae growth on the masonry
- leaks and water damage in the chimney, fireplace, and home
Unfortunately, if repairs aren’t made in a timely manner, minor masonry damage can become major in no time. You could even end up having to completely tear down and rebuild your chimney or a portion of it. And while our experts are trained and capable of doing that for you, it’s much more affordable to make repairs while damage is minor.
How We Repair & Restore Masonry
The team here at C&C Chimney has been expertly trained in masonry repair, restoration, and construction, and we can help get your chimney back to its former glory, no matter what condition it’s in. Our masonry repairs include these services:
- Repointing/Pointing —Repointing, also known as pointing, is a method of repair we use when mortar joints are cracked, receding, or have gaps or holes. Our team takes great care and uses special equipment to carefully grind down the mortar joints and fill them with a new, appropriately matched mortar mix. When we’re finished, the masonry will look better, but it’ll also be stronger and better able to fight off moisture.
- Tuckpointing —Tuckpointing is a little different because it actually involves two different mortars: one that matches the brick and one that matches the mortar joints. This method of repair is great for chimneys and fireplaces where brick has partially flaked off, cracked, or crumbled and mortar joints have deteriorated. We take the one mortar and use it to fill in damaged mortar joints, while we use the other to fill cracks and portions of brick that have started to deteriorate, to create cleaner, more natural looking masonry. This is also a great solution if you don’t like the look of those wider mortar joints, as we can use the brick-colored mortar to create the illusion of thinner joints.
- Chimney & Fireplace Rebuilds — If brick and mortar damage is extensive, the chimney and fireplace were improperly built, or you just want a fresh start, we can also rebuild the chimney and fireplace. Whether you have water damage near the top of the chimney and only need that portion rebuilt or you need a rebuild from the ground up, our team is up to the challenge. We specialize in bricklaying and masonry construction, and we’ll make sure the results are functional, beautiful, and long-lasting.
Is Chimney & Masonry Waterproofing Worth It?
Most masonry damage is a result of weather and water, and chimney water repellents protect against both. You may claim we’re partial because of our profession, but we really do think that investing in masonry waterproofing is one of the best choices you can make. Not only will a quality, professionally applied masonry water repellent protect and prolong your chimney and the investment you’ve made into repairs or a rebuild, but it can also keep chimney leaks out of your life for a full decade.
We highly recommend chimney waterproofing, especially if you’ve already had problems with water. Learn more about this service right here.
Reliable Masonry Repair Work Is Only A Call Away
Is your brick chimney or fireplace only worsening with time? Put a stop to deterioration and damage by calling C&C Chimney at 918-396-8296 or clicking here. Our team is experienced, knowledgeable, and committed to making masonry repairs stress-free, mess-free, and affordable for you and your family. Call today!