We Fix Leaky Chimneys In Tulsa, Skiatook, Claremore & Beyond
A chimney leak is one of those “discoveries” that can really wreck your day, week, even year. Depending on how long the leak has gone undetected, damage can be anywhere from minor to devastatingly major. Repair costs can add up, and you can end up spending money on a big renovation you didn’t plan for or want.
Here at C&C Chimney, we know just how devastating chimney leaks and water damage can be, which is one of the reasons we advocate for annual chimney inspections. During an inspection, we’ll look at all of the areas of your chimney — top to bottom — and make sure no damage, fire hazards, or leaks are present.
But what if you’ve put off inspections and the leak has already done some damage? What if you’ve already spotted water stains, rust stains, wood rot, or masonry deterioration, or heard the drip, drip, drip of water in your fireplace? What then?
We can still help!
Our team of Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney sweeps are experienced chimney leak repair and prevention experts, and we offer comprehensive solutions. No matter what your chimney has been through, you can rest assured, we can help.
The first thing we do is figure out why your chimney is leaking. Most leaks can be traced back to one of the following:
- The masonry
- The chase cover
- The chimney cap
- The crown
- The flashing
We’ll carefully evaluate all of these areas and look for water entry points and vulnerabilities. Once we’ve identified where and how water is making its way into your chimney and home, we’ll come up with a plan of action.
How Do We Fix & Prevent Leaky Chimneys?
- Chimney Waterproofing — Here at C&C Chimney, we believe that prevention is the best approach to chimney leaks. That’s why we waterproof masonry chimneys with ChimneySaver water repellent, the industry’s leading product. Unlike other products on the market, ChimneySaver is 100% vapor-permeable; mold, mildew, and algae-resistant; and protects against efflorescence, staining, and freeze/thaw. Additionally, this product offers protection for double the life of other products. It’s affordable, it works, and it can save you the costly expense of chimney repairs or a rebuild.
- Chase Cover Replacement & Installation — Just like masonry chimneys, prefab chimneys can severely deteriorate when a leak is present. And in many situations, prefab leaks are traced back to bad chase covers. Our team replaces rusted out, poorly installed chase covers with corrosion-resistant stainless steel chase covers that are perfectly fitted to the chimney at hand. Leak protection is easy when you have the right chase cover installed the right way!
- Chimney Cap Replacement & Installation — The flue is one of the most important parts of the chimney system, and it can also be one of the most expensive components to replace. But without a chimney cap, there’s nothing to keep rainwater, animals, and birds out of the flue, which means damage is inevitable. Make sure your chimney is protected by investing in a brand new stainless steel or copper chimney cap. We have caps for every chimney and every need, and we pride ourselves on making these important chimney components affordable for our clients.
- Crown Repair & Rebuild — One of the first areas to experience water damage on a masonry chimney is the crown. This area is prone to cracks and deterioration and incredibly likely to be designed and installed wrong. If your crown is in rough shape, don’t worry because repairs and rebuilds are affordable and effective with C&C Chimney. We take great care to build new crowns that will last, year after year, and we use CrownCoat for repairs. This product provides a watertight seal and keeps small, hairline cracks from becoming big problems, so you can rest easy.
- Flashing Repair —The metal at the base of the chimney and along the roof where the two meet can often allow rainwater to enter the home. While some flashing fails as a result of poor installation, flashing can also form gaps and allow water in as a result of strong storms and contraction/expansion. Many homeowners see water stains on their ceilings and walls and assume they have a roof leak, when oftentimes, the flashing is the real problem. But here at C&C Chimney, we provide expert flashing installation and repair. We even waterproof and seal flashing with FlashSeal, a product designed to provide years of leak protection.
No matter what’s going on with your chimney or where your leak originates, you can count on C&C Chimney to make the necessary repairs. We provide thorough inspections, and we won’t move forward with repairs until we’re confident we’ve pinpointed every vulnerable spot and water entry point.
Call Today For Long-Lasting Leaky Chimney Solutions
Ready to schedule your inspection and leaky chimney fix? Call 918-396-8296 today. Owner Richard Tattershall is Oklahoma’s first and only Master Certified Chimney Specialist, and our family is committed to providing your family with the ultimate customer satisfaction and chimney leak solutions that really work. Call today!
Call today to schedule a chimney inspection complete with video scan if needed. Our chimney and fireplace services experts can uncover any issues with your chimney and fireplace before they become bigger problems.